Milan, September 27, 2023 – On World Tourism Day, ITA0039 | 100% Italian Taste Certification by Asacert, supports, as the only Report Partner, the 13th Report “Italians, Sustainable Tourism and Ecotourism.” 79% of respondents believe that it is useful for restaurateurs and producers to certify the authenticity of their “made in Italy” service/product, while, a certification on the authenticity of products from restaurants/producers is considered an added value by 57% or even fundamental by 28% for a total, aggregate figure, of 85%, the same percentage of those who believe it is necessary to certify made in Italy products present in restaurants abroad. The data highlight how much, in the context of tourism promotion, sustainability and the enhancement of our gastronomic heritage, Made in Italy certified products and typical Italian dishes emerge as key factors in promoting tourism in Italy.

“The results published in the report that has just been presented speak clearly: 85% of citizens surveyed are in favor of introducing certification systems for the authenticity of Made in Italy food products, even in Italian restaurants abroad. -The comment of Fabrizio Capaccioli CEO of ASACERT and creator of the Certification Protocol ITA0039- The biodiversity and authenticity of Italian products must be guaranteed and not counterfeited, because the resulting damage is colossal at an economic and social level. ITA0039 by Asacert does just that: it verifies that Italian products and restaurants abroad are the first garrison of controlled and certified 100% Italian genuineness. In addition, the app provides consumers with a tool that can reveal whether products on shelves around the world are truly Italian. Ultimately-concludes Capaccioli-we are what we eat and, I would add, we are what we eat everywhere in the world.”

Sustainability also plays an increasing role in Italians’ food choices. Eight out of ten Italians believe that the fight against climate change also passes through individual choices and they are willing, at least in their intentions, to change their eating habits, adopting principles of the Mediterranean diet or preferring products at km0. Principles that go hand in hand with ITA0039’s food-losophy that values the Mediterranean diet, a cornerstone of public health, which begins right at the table.

In the wake also 82 percent of respondents agreeing with the candidacy of Italian Cuisine as an Intangible Heritage of Humanity, which ITA0039 by ASACERT certified restaurateurs supported by actively participating in the campaign.

ITA0039 celebrates World Tourism Day, with the release of important numbers that reiterate the need for Italian productions to be protected and certified, representing the first tool of territorial marketing and tourist attraction of our country. This is why they must be protected and guaranteed by certifying them in their origin and wholesomeness and to make sure that on the tables of Italian restaurants abroad, only certified quality 100% made in Italy arrives.

An initiative promoted by Fondazione UniVerde, Touring Club Italiano and Noto Sondaggi with the participation of Un World Tourism Organization – UNWTO, organized in partnership with CNA – Confederazione Nazionale dell’Artigianato e della Piccola e Media Impresa and Fedegroup.